Physical Therapy West Hollywood
Back 2 Health features a custom built state-of-the-art
Aquatic Therapy Pool
A brand new state-of-the-art Aquatic Therapy Pool and revolutionary rehabilitation facility at
Back 2 Health Physical Therapy and Aquatic Therapy
9201 West Sunset Blvd, Suite M120
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Tel: (310) 246-1050
Fax: (866) 774-9459
Monday-Thursday, 7am-7pm (last patient at 6pm)
Friday 7am-3pm (last patient at 1pm)
Advantages of Aquatic TherapyAquatic Therapy has long been recognized as one of the most effective forms of rehabilitation for a variety of physical conditions. Even Hippocrates recommended immersion in water for a number of conditions and injuries.
Theraputic Advantages of Water
- Buoyancy - Up thrust action of water acting at right angles to surface.
- Viscosity: The resistance offered by a fluid to a change of its form.
- Thermal capacity and conductivity - Heat moves more rapidly from warm water to objects in it or surrounding it than from any other substance, and water absorbs or gives off more heat for each degree of resultant change in its own temperature than any other substance.
- Indication for skilled aquatic therapy:
- Inability to participate in a land based exercise or functional mobility program.
- Weight bearing restrictions limiting ambulation
- Severe pain or weakness limiting ability to move
- Postural and proximal instability limiting extremity exercise
- Mobility restrictions unresponsive to conventional stretching
- Inability to tolerate resisted exercise programs (in which distally applied weights pose risk to the patient with joint laxity, sublaxation and deformity, osteoporosis and fragile skin)
- Early post op (orthopedic surgery)
- Sports Injuries/acute injuries (ACL)
- Degenerative conditions (arthritis, rheumatic conditions)