With the evolving pandemic, medical practices must remain very attentive to the widespread outbreak of COVID-19 and continue to proactively take steps to safely manage patients while protecting clinical staff. Daily, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to gather data and advise clinicians on COVID-19 through its website and televised press conferences, while government authorities at all levels mandate legislative updates for the provision of safe healthcare operations. Because this continues to be a moving target, Physical Therapists and all healthcare facilities must remain well-informed and current on public health guidance for screening protocols and patient management, as well as regulatory requirements impacting their practices. We have rigorous measures in place to ensure your safety in our offices, including the following:
- assessing patients for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival
- limiting the number of visitors accompanying patients to our hospitals and emergency departments, and screening all visitors for symptoms
- requiring all staff and patients to wear masks
- providing hand sanitizer and gloves (if requested) to all patients while receiving treatment
- sanitization of the equipment, treatment tables, and all common areas throughout the day
Please do not hesitate to go to the emergency department immediately or call 911 if you are experiencing a serious health concern.